The Albuquerque Balloon Festival officially known as the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta is 9 days of hot air ballooning fun! There are certain experiences that need to be on everyone’s bucket list and attending the balloon fiesta should be at the top.
It is an unreal feeling watching hundreds of hot air balloons ascend up, up, and away in a brilliant array of magic.
- The Mass Ascension, when all of the participating balloons take to the sky all at once. It’s an unbelievable display of color against the starkly contrasting landscapes of the Rio Grande Valley.
- Make sure to stop by the Balloon Discovery Center during your visit. There are lots of hands-on activities and other ways to explore and learn about the balloons that your kids will love.
- The Special Shape Rodeo remains one of the most popular events. These unique events showcase some of the most uniquely shaped balloons that will put your kids in awe!
- Get up in the air with Rainbow Ryders but book your ride now as spaces are limited!
- Explore the very kid-friendly and interactive Anderson Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum
- Experience the magical views in comfort at the Elevated Viewing Events
- America’s Challenge Gas Balloon Race is one of the worlds two premier distance races for gas balloons
- The Balloon Glows, followed by New Mexico’s most spectacular fireworks displays, are now among Balloon Fiesta’s most popular events.
- Make the Fiesta the most comfortable experience and scenic experience by purchasing a morning or evening session at The Gondola Club
- During the ballooning events, be sure to visit Main Street. You will find a variety of great food vendors, local merchandise, hands-on exhibits, and a lineup of world-class talent.